Google calendar : not import in EA, just ask for availability in real time – Multsites feature
Hi Nikola Finally I unfortunately gave up to use your plugin. I knew that the extension was a beta version but I had too many bugs:
- with Google calendar authorization (had to install/unstall/disconnected my account to app/reconnect...) several times before it works.
- Once the authorization was ok, the events from the Google back sync came sometimes 20mn after their creation (it's too long) even with a cron every minute
- the events created by a third party in a google calendar linked to the primary calendar weren't imported
- the #link cancel# in an email received in hotmail/gmail(...) automatically cancel events because antispam "read" the links
- and, the main issue : the events created in a google agenda are completely imported with all the details (and with personal/private datas). It's really a problem with the GDPR and everything that happens right now with Facebook and Cambridge analytica;.. It's normal to keep private data in EA if the users are warned on the website and are ok to let their personal datas (like IP, name, phone, email) but you don't have the right to catch datas from the agenda of a professional (doctor, lawer...) without informing their clients and it's impossible because their assistants manage their calendar by phone or during an interview...
thanks for feedback. :) I am not happy that EA has not meet your expectations :( . You are right it's not yet in best shape and there are to many rough edges. Import of events from Google Calendar is something that can be an issue. EA approach is that Google Calendar and Site with EA have the same owners. There are no data leak from EA to some other third party but it should be something that is owner of site and Google Calendar owner share. Regarding multi site you are also right here, current EA state is that it is sharing same tables between different sites on that multi site.
I will work hard in order to improve EA, thank you once more :)
Please login or Register to submit your answer