2-Way Sync of Shared Google Calendar
After reviewing more of the prior questions asked on the forum, I wanted to add the following:
– I have read/write privileges on all the calendars;
– All the calendars are added under the Advanced Calendars sync and Location, Service, and Worker are set to Any;
– My cron job seems to be working correctly–I am receiving confirmation emails from cPanel and the events I add to my Google calendar sync to the EA calendar every 5 minutes;
– The Sync Interval in EA is set to 5 minutes;
– The default location and service are set;
– Sync data for next is set to 0 days;
The problem remains: events set by those with whom I have shared my calendar (I have given them read/write–“Make changes to events” in GCal) do not sync with the EA calendar.
I apologize for the slow response. It has been a busy day at work and I had to figure out how to create a temp account on WP. By figure out, I mean download a plugin. Anyways, I just sent you the link, hopefully it works.
Side note, I saw my cronjob stopped running every 5 minutes and switched to every 15 minutes. I called hostgator to find out why. Apparently, on a regular hosting plan, they only allow the cronjob to run every 15 minutes. However, with the exception of this sync issue, things seem to be working correctly.
Please login or Register to submit your answer
Thank you for the quick response!
By “mapped the new calendar” are you asking whether I have entered the shared calendar in the Advanced sync section? If so, yes, I have entered the shared calendar in the advanced sync section. I have entered several calendars and shared all those calendars with my assistants to make sure it wasn’t an issue with the individual calendar. For every shared calendar, EA syncs events that I create but does not sync events my assistants create on the same, shared calendar.
I was getting a cron job warning before but have since configured the cron job in cPanel and the warning is gone.